How a Responsive Website Design Can Help Your Business Succeed
Online competition is fierce, and companies that are not willing to keep up with trends in online marketing run the risk of falling behind the pack. Responsive website design offers companies a tool to keep ahead, but how is this technique used to benefit a business?
What Is a Responsive Website?
Responsive website design is a technique used to develop a website that can be easily viewed on any platform. This allows visitors to navigate the website on a computer, tablet or smartphone. Images, grids and formatting are specifically chosen to be flexible for adjustment on each of these platforms.
Visitors to a website are more likely to stick around if they do not have to work to get a website to look as it is intended to appear. Text, images and links that adjust according to the device being used to view the website keep visitors navigating through the website instead of leaving out of frustration.
Responsive Website Design and Mobile Website Design
Business owners may wonder why they cannot just use a mobile website template in addition to their standard template in order to reach every visitor. Responsive design achieves the goal of having a website that can be viewed on all platforms without requiring a company to use more than one template. This cuts down on the cost and time that must be invested into website design.
Key Benefits of Building a Responsive Website
Every company should consider using a responsive website template to improve website traffic and boost click-through rates. The advantages of using a responsive website design are many.
1. More people use smartphones and tablets to access a website each year. Nearly 40 percent of the traffic that a website receives is sourced from a mobile device, so it is important to have a flexible website that can be viewed by anyone. Use of mobile devices to access websites has more than doubled in just two years, and it is expected that more people will use a tablet or smartphone to look at a website instead of a computer in the near future.
2. Mobile users are not patient when a website has not been designed to be viewed on a mobile device. Over 60 percent of mobile visitors will give up and look to a competitor’s page for the product or service that they want when a website is not intuitively designed for mobile use.
3. Companies that stay ahead of the competition by writing blog posts and using social media attract more mobile users. Over half of social media use occurs on a mobile device, so it is essential for businesses that have a social media presence to have a website that is accessible to their followers.
4. Using a responsive website design actually helps companies achieve their search engine optimization (SEO) goals. Google uses an algorithm to rank websites, and it is easier for this task to be done when a website is associated with just one link. Websites that are accessed through both a standard and mobile link may not reach performance goals.
5. Responsive website design cuts down on the costs of designing a website now and in the future. The design adapts according to the screen size being used to access the website. Differing screen sizes on devices developed in the future will still be able to display the website as it is intended to be viewed.
The Next Step
The benefits of a responsive website make it essential for companies to opt for this design choice. Templates that are designed for building a responsive website make the task of developing such a website easier. The time invested in the initial development of a responsive website will pay off in the future when the website does not have to be constantly adjusted for optimal viewing.
Want to learn more about our Responsive Design services? Please call 831-759-2273 or fill out our contact form here.